Monday, November 5, 2012

October 2012 Favourites!

Hi Girlies, it's finally the month of November! This year flew passed so so fast! I remember my graduation like it was just yesterday. Anyway, I thought I'll share some of my October Favourites.

I've been staying at home quite a bit for the month of October, the sun has been so scorching hot. All's well now that the rainy season is here! As for such, the list of favourite items for October might be short.

First up I have my October Favourite Beauty items!

From Left to Right: Majolica Majorca Brow and Lash Colorist, NIP + FAB Sheer Make-Up Fix, Maybelline Pure Liquid Mineral Foundation, theBalm Lip Gloss, OPI Nicole Alert!
Unfortunately, I sort of have break-outs on my face sometime during September. And I swear to god, it's the first time ever my face break-out so badly. (I hardly have acne and stuffs) It even leaves awful scars! So I went to a skin clinic and my doctor or nurse, I couldn't remember, told me it will take approximately 4 months to completely recover, meaning, no more scars, back to clean face. So during the treatment timing, I couldn't even use my daily cleanser, toner, moisturiser, etc. I could only use the facial wash and creams that they gave. But with such bad complexion, I won't even want to leave home, so I had to put make-up. MINIMAL MAKE-UP. I didn't want to make my face worse.

My usual make-up routine used to be BB cream, concealer, powder, eyeliner.. But I figured the BB cream that I used tends to be slightly thick so I use Maybelline Pure Liquid Mineral Foundation (I'm using it in the shade of OC3, my skin are more toward tanned) I remember I used to use it but felt it was slightly oily last time, but this time round, I don't feel oily moreover I felt that my skin could breathe. Again, I try to use as minimal as possible, so when I have to head out and go places closer to my house, I will use my NIP + FAB Sheer Make-up Fix. I read about this product in a magazine saying how it works like BB cream except it's a clear formula. I tried out and it does works as it says, it leaves my skin with a smooth texture almost like I have flawless skin!

I have huge dissatisfaction whenever I look at how miss-match my hair and brow colour looks. I couldn't just use normal brow pencil to settle this problem because I was born with thick brows. I discovered brow concealer or mascara? through dolly wink, however theirs leaves my brows with a little bit shimmer and I didn't like that. Afterwhich, I discover Majolica Majorca Brow and Lash Colourist (I'm using the shade of BR555 Maroon Brown, it's closer to my hair color) It is like natural light chestnut brown colour and is waterproof. Really like that it is matt colour, no shimmer nothing.

I bought OPI Nail Polish - Nicole Alert! at a Smoochiezz's sales at Velocity/ Novena Square. The reason I bought it is because my last birthday, a friend of mine bought this really lovely mini OPI Halloween set for me, and in it there is a orange colour which I loved. So when I saw this Nicole Alert! shade, I thought it was the same colour and I bought it, only to know that it is different when I compared both at home. However, turns out I tried and like it too, I would describe it's colour as a Coral-ish orange shade.

Last beauty item is a Lip Gloss from theBalm. Before I use this product I had no idea of theBalm. Needless to say, this product was not even bought by me. It was given to me by Sasa when it came to my school last year for a retail fair. I didn't take a picture of how it looks exactly when open but it is in a bright red colour. I'm not sure if they sells this anywhere because I couldn't find it online but if I do I'll put a link up. Anyways, so the lip gloss moisturises my lips and it works like a lip stain giving a sheer light red colour to my lips!



October Favourite Book!


"Don't You Forget About Me" by Alexandra Potter. I bought this book when I go shopping at Popular Bookstore with my sis, we read the back of the book and we both were like, we have to get it. The book talks about this girl called Tess, who had a bad break up with her boyfriend, Seb, weeks before New Years Eve and how she wishes that she'd never met him, or they had never broke up. Her wish did came true at the stoke of 12 midnight, and she gets a second chance at everything... I love this book, by far my favourite other than "Yuzuka Moon" after reading this book I see another perspective in relationships coming to an end. On my tumblr I even quoted a sentence from this book:
"Because it's the bad memories that makes you appreciate the good ones. Don't wish them away. You need both the sun and the rain to make a rainbow."
I was considering to do a book review on this or not. Let me know in the comments if you want to read a book review on this. I really recommend this book to the hopeless romantics like me. I recommend it to Saige and she loan it from me and my sis to read.

October Favourite Food!

I love food. Food is like my everything. I debated for very long and it comes down to 2 favourite food this month! Yay! First up, I love love love love love love love Subway so much if you don't already know. I always order cold cut trio, egg mayo.. But recently I want to try this whole eating healthy lifestyle, for the very first time, I tried, Roasted Chicken Breast. It's hands down by far the best subway sandwich I've ever tasted, and oh my god, I don't even want to try other flavours any more! So I always order Wheat bread, Roasted Chicken Breast, Lettuces and Tomatoes, Honey Mustard and Sweet Onion sauce. I feel like eating this right now as I am typing. *Swallows saliva*

OMG I WANT TO EAT YOU RIGHT NOW!
My No.2 favourite food is PEPPERMINT. I AM, OMG GUYS, OBSESSED WITH PEPPERMINT. I cannot control my love for Peppermint. I've eaten so much Peppermint flavoured food this month than I had for the past 20 years of my life. It's so so so good.

Baskin Robbins Peppermint Choco Chip
Mint Cheesecake Brownie
Peppermint Ice Cream from the  Ice Cream cart
And the best Peppermint flavoured I've tasted this month is... Starbucks Xmas Special - Peppermint Mocha Frappucino! I walk passed Starbucks at the airport when I was there to fetch my Dad from his business trip and I don't usually drink Starbucks, if I do, I go for Iced Americano. But the moment I saw the poster, I was like "I need to get that right now I don't care if it's night time and coffee makes you stay awake" (But I didn't take a photo of mine so I googled) What is your favourite Starbucks drinks? I would like to try it! Let me know in the comments below!


While Google-ing, I found this! It's so share-worthy!

Yeap, You guessed it, I'll be having loads of Starbucks starting from 1st Dec. OH YEAH!
October Favourite Accessories!

#Armswag No, I do not have an Instagram acct
Skulls, Studs, Moustache and Owls are my all time favourite for accessories. But I noticed I've been wearing the colourful skulls bracelets a lot in October. It will probably be still my favourite for November and probably December.. Haha!

That's all for my October 2012 Favourites! I'm sure there has got to be more for November cause I already have so much favourites as of now and November has just started!

P.S. November is going to be a jammed pack month. Both Saige and I are going on a vacation, my birthday is coming up, my bestfriend's birthday is 1 day right after mine. I will definitely squeeze some time to blog alternatively, you can follow me on twitter for updates! Leave me a tweet, I'll be more than happy to talk to our readers on twitter!

Disclaimer: All products mentioned in this Blog post are purchased by me. All opinions are based on personal experiences and belongs to me!

Xoxo,
Acire 

No comments:

Post a Comment